Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Brownies!!

OK, I'm going to start off by saying that these are some of the best brownies ever. The recipe is from Ghirardelli.com. Ghirardelli makes really good chocolate! I would suggest going to their site, because they have some amazing recipes. I don't know for a fact that the other recipes are amazing, but this brownie recipe is epic. The recipe is called "Classic Chocolate Brownies"

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces dark chocolate baking bar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces

1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/8 teaspoon salt


INSTRUCTIONS


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and 8-inch square baking pan. Chop up the four ounces of chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler, melt the butter and the chocolate. I did not have a double boiler so I put a smaller pot on top of a larger pot, which held the simmering water. Stir occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pot with the chocolate and butter from the other pot, and let it cool. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the vanilla and sugar to the chocolate and butter. Mix well. Then, add the eggs to the chocolate/butter/vanilla/sugar mix. Stir that until you can't see the eggs anymore. Then, I poured the chocolate mixture into a bowl. I then poured the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix well. Add in the chocolate chips and stir. Pour into the baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

ENJOY!! 
PS. Make these, and tell me how they turn out in the comments!! These are extremely delicious!!!
PPS. Really.
PPPS. I'm not sure why the text is all high-lighted :(


My brownies still in the pan


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the recipe looks like my favorite except it uses even Less flour! And brown sugar. wow, I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks REALLY good! Have any left??

    ReplyDelete
  3. no... but you can make them!!

    ReplyDelete